It feels like everywhere you look these days is an advertisement offering a yoga teacher training program through a short online course.
Yet, like so many things, an online experience is very different from a real life experience. Learning to teach yoga through an online course is a little like learning to play an instrument without the instrument itself! How do you get that practical experience and emerge as a confident, employable teacher without having hands-on real life experience in a classroom with real human beings?
Being a yoga teacher comes with responsibility. When you stand in front of a class of students, you are guiding them through the practice. You want to feel empowered, confident, genuine and authentic. You want to know you have the skillset and wisdom to manage any situation that may arise. You want to offer a memorable, beneficial, even transformative experience to your students who are investing their time, money and energy in you.
At Zenko, we are so proud of our in-person teacher training program. We have thought long and hard to come up with what we believe to be the most comprehensive 200hour training available on the market. When you look at our graduates, we are so proud that they are successfully making a living as yoga teachers all over the country, and even globally.
Online programs are tempting to race through, there is no accountability, it is hard to ask questions, and impossible to get hands-on experience.
Learning in person allows you the time and space to really absorb the information and put the knowledge into practice. The Zenko training takes place over 6 months, offering an immersive yoga journey that gives you time to integrate the material, be mentored by experienced teachers, lead your own public classes and dedicate time to deepening your own yoga practice.
It's no secret that there are a lot of yoga teachers these days! It is one of the fastest growing wellness industries around the world. Luckily, there are even more people taking up yoga, which means good, accredited teachers are in demand. If you were a studio owner, do you think you would hire a teacher who did a 3 week online course, or a teacher who has done a 6 month immersive in-person 200 hour yoga teacher training with highly experienced teacher trainers?
Here are the 10 main reasons we believe an in-person yoga teacher training program is the best way to train as a yoga teacher:
- Have constant in-person contact with your teachers so you can ask questions and get real feedback throughout the whole course.
- Learn how to teach real people! Throughout the course you will teach your fellow trainee students, as well as have opportunities to teach public classes.
- Gain an accreditation that is globally recognised and is yoga alliance approved, making it easier for you to gain employment as a teacher after your training.
- Feel supported and motivated as you experience lessons in a proper classroom environment with plenty of demonstration to ensure your understanding.
- Enjoy having the accountability of coming to class and training in person- it’s all too easy to skip out on modules or lectures with online learning then you fall behind.
- Share the journey! Doing a yoga teacher training with a group is such a beautiful, fun and rewarding experience. We love watching our students bond over the six month course and they stay in touch long after the course ends.
- Finish the whole course! The completion rates of online courses are surprisingly low as there is no accountability or anyone there to cheerlead you on in person.
- Learn from a range of teachers who are professionals in their field. We love introducing you to our lead teachers and guest teachers to ensure you have the best faculty to guide you through the program step by step
- Deepen your own practice. Your zenko teacher training course comes with a 6 month membership that offers unlimited access to all four studios. To be a good teacher, you also have to be a good student! This also gifts you with plenty of experience in a studio environment and experience plenty of different teachers and styles of teaching.
- Ongoing support. We are always here to support you. Once the training ends, you will always be part of the Zenko graduates tribe. You will be posted on our website and where possible, given opportunities to teach or be supported as you find your own place in the world as a teacher.
We understand the allure of gaining a certification in a few days through an online course. These trainings are unlikely to prepare you to teach, nor will they offer you the opportunities that a real, 200hour, yoga alliance approved, in-person training will provide you with. If your dream is to be a teacher, or to simply immerse yourself in a real and authentic yoga journey, then nothing compares to an in-person course. We are confident that our Zenko Teacher Training gives you the best shot at following your dreams and meeting your goals. We’re with you every step of the way. Are you ready?
Find out everything you need to know about our 2021 Yoga Teacher Training here.
Or send us an email to chat here.